Have you recently started playing Minecraft and don’t know how to change Minecraft skins? Fret not as you’ve clicked to the rightmost link to find the relevant information.
Minecraft features two default skins – Alex and Steve that gamers can start off with. However, they are extremely simple and have nothing much to deal with. Therefore, the developers add the feature to modify the existing Minecraft skins to the game so that players can customize the skin and add a pinch of excitement in the same.
Let’s read here about different ways in which players can carry out the change Minecraft skins procedure hassle-free.
A Detailed Guide To Change Minecraft Skins
Minecraft skins can be amended in 3 different ways. These are:
- On Desktop
- In Minecraft PE
- In Console Edition
Players can select any of these methods to modify Minecraft skins and add a thrill to their game. Scroll down to get a detailed view of these Minecraft skin changing methods here.
Also Read: Top 5 Minecraft Parkour Servers on 2021
Steps to Change Minecraft Skins On Desktop
Execute the step-by-step procedure and make easy adjustments to Minecraft Skins.
- The first step to change Minecraft Skins is to visit the Minecraft Skindex site. As soon as you navigate to the site, the Skin Index library will appear on the screen.
- Now, select the desired skin for your Minecraft character among the given options. There are three ways to choose the Minecraft Skin. Let’s have a look.
- Players can initiate the search for the specific skin type by clicking on the search bar.
- Move your cursor to the upper-left of the page and click on the ‘Latest’ option to find out the long list of skins along with the popular ones.
- To modify Minecraft Skins, players can also create their own type and bring their imagination to reality.
3. Once you select the skin type, jump to the ‘Download’ button available on the right side of the skin’s page.
4. Access Minecraft’s official website and go to the top-right corner of the page. Click there and a drop-down menu will open.
5. Tap on the ‘Profile’ option and log in to the Minecraft account by entering your email id and password.
6. The next step to change Minecraft Skins is to scroll down the page and tap on the ‘Select a File’ button at the bottom of the screen.
7. Now, go to the Download folder and choose the skin that you’ve downloaded.
8. As soon as you’ve made the choice, click on the ‘Open’ button and your skin file will be uploaded to your profile page.
9. Last but not least is to hit the ‘Upload’ button and the Minecraft Skin will be changed immediately.
Steps to Modify Minecraft Skins In Minecraft PE
If you are looking to change Minecraft Skin on the mobile Pocket Edition, then carry out the below-mentioned procedure step-by-step.
- To initiate the process, open the mobile browser of your choice, be it Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Browse the Skindex site on your mobile browser and click on the skin you want to apply to the Minecraft character.
- Tap on the ‘Download’ button available just below the skin type.
- A new window will be displayed on the screen and you will be asked either to View or Download the image.
- Click on the ‘View’ button and an image will appear. Place a finger on the image for 2-3 seconds and you will be given three options – Copy, Share and Add to Photos. Tap on ‘Add to Photos’ and the file will be saved in the gallery of the mobile device.
- The next step to edit Minecraft Skins is to open the Minecraft App and go to the Profile button.
- Click on the ‘Edit Character’ button and jump to the ‘Choose New Skin’ option.
- Select the skin that you’ve downloaded from your photo album.
- A pop-up window will open where you’ll be given the skin models. If you are in doubt, then click on the Right one.
- Now, tap on the ‘Confirm’ button and your Minecraft Skin is tweaked instantly.
Steps to Edit Minecraft Skins In Console Edition
To make alterations to Minecraft skins in the console edition, follow the process given here.
- Access your console library and click on the Minecraft game.
- On the homepage, you will find an option ‘Help & Options’. Tap on the same and proceed further.
- Tap on the ‘Change Skin’ option available at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to view the different skin packs. Move your cursor to the right or left to choose the skin you want to choose. Some skins are part of a premium pack, therefore, look at your needs and choose accordingly.
- To complete the ‘Change Minecraft Skins‘ procedure, click either on the Xbox button or on the Playstation and the selected skin will be then applied to your character. If the selected skin is not available for free, then you will be prompted to buy the skin pack.
Important Facts To Know
Before jumping to the procedure of modifying Minecraft Skins, it is essential to be aware of the important facts about the same. These are:
- Custom skins are not available and certain skin packs require in-game purchase.
- Players can change Minecraft skins as many times as they wish.
- If the gamer plays Minecraft in Multiplayer mode, then everyone can see the skin that you’ve uploaded.
- Most importantly, always make skin adjustments in the online mode; otherwise, whenever you open the game, your skin will be set to the default option.
- If you are playing Minecraft in the PE version, then you can modify the Minecraft skin without logging into your account.
So, these are some of the methods to make hassle-free adjustments in the Minecraft skins. Depending on the system, players can easily initiate the Minecraft skin changing procedure and get the work done in less than no time. Happy Gaming!