Music has been a dose to everyone’s life lately. You tend to listen to music while driving, cooking, partying, working out, or just like that. There are many apps in the market that let you do the same with such ease. One of such apps is Spotify. But it’s really fussy and irritating to see those weird sort of display names in the app. We have hence chalked out some ways to change Spotify Username. Read ahead to know more.
Spotify is one of those apps which has music for all your moods. It also caters to music in various languages.
The hassle comes with the advertisement and when you are forced to buy a subscription. More than that, the funny and irrelevant display names (generated by default) are a turn-off.
But hey, guess what! We got some really great news for you guys. We have figured out ways by which the users can change Spotify Username.
How to change Spotify username?
The real catch is here. The username can’t be changed. Instead, it is just for the identification of the users. Though, the display name can be changed easily by following these easy steps mentioned below :
- Tap Home, then Settings.
- Tap on View profile.
- Tap EDIT PROFILE.
- Tap your display name to change it.
Pro – Tip: You can also add or change your profile photo here.
- Tap Save.
Wola! You just managed to change your Display Name.
Alternatively, you can change the Display Name by linking the same with your respective Facebook account. So, once you link the Facebook account with Spotify, it will reflect the name as per the Facebook account.
Change Display Picture
On Android and iOS devices:
1. Open up your Spotify app. Tap “Home,” then “Settings”—that’s the little gear icon.
2. Then tap on “View Profile.” Your profile has a variety of stuff to check out like your recently played artists, followers, and public playlists.
3. Next, tap on “Edit Profile.”
4. Select “Change Photo”.
5. Choose the picture you want to set as your display picture. Make sure it’s JPEG or PNG format. If you’re an iOS user, make sure the picture has a file size of less than 10 MB (most photos you take on your phone will meet those requirements).
On a Desktop:
1. Click on your username in the top right corner of the desktop app.
2. Move your mouse over your profile picture and click on the “Change” option.
3. Select the picture you want to use as your display picture.
You can also remove your display picture
On mobile, follow steps 1-4 mentioned for mobile. The only difference is, instead of adding a photo, tap “Remove Current Photo”.
On desktop, follow steps 1 and 2. After you click on “Change,” you’ll be able to remove the photo.
If you are unable to see the option to remove, it may be because your Spotify account is linked to Facebook. This makes your Facebook profile photo you default Spotify icon.
To separate your Spotify and Facebook accounts, you’ll need to use the desktop app. Follow these steps on the desktop app:
1. On the top right corner, click the down arrow for the drop-down menu. Once the drop-down menu appears, click on “Settings.”
2. Scroll down to the option called “Social.” Then “Disconnect From Facebook.” Once you click that, your two accounts will be separate. Though they can be rejoined from “Settings” anytime.
The Spotify experience is vast and rich. These days you can also simply scan a Spotify Code and listen to the song directly, without having to go through the search hassle.
However, if you are sharing a song with someone, you wouldn’t want that weird display name to be reflected. You can follow the steps mentioned in the article and save yourself from the trauma.
It is rather interesting to know the witty display names that people put these days. Are you one of those who love to put funny and witty display names? Share with us the display names that you keep on such platforms.
Don’t worry! This is just for the fun part. We respect the individual intellect of our readers and we don’t intend to hurt the same.
Share your views about the article in the comment section below for our feedback. We love to hear back from our readers.
Informative enough? Then share with your friends and family!
Check back for some latest news and trends in the Tech World.