How to take screenshots on Mac. Here are some simple tips and tricks to help you take screenshots on your Mac.
As your online workflow grows, you will need to capture or take screenshots of your work on a regular basis. Screenshots are still images of everything that is displayed on the screen. When it comes to Apple devices like the Mac, the functionality becomes complicated.
On Mac, there is no option to take screenshots directly. However, you can use it in combination with keyboard shortcuts to easily capture the entire screen, window, or just part of the screen.
Below are some useful tips and tricks to take screenshots on Mac.
How to take a screenshot of your Mac
1. To take a quick screenshot, press and hold these three keys at the same time. Shift+Command+3. Clicking these three buttons at the same time will capture a still image of the whole screen.
2. You can edit the screenshot by clicking the thumbnail in the lower right corner of the screen. But, the screenshot will be automatically saved to your desktop after a few seconds.
Steps to take a screenshot of part of the screen
1. Hold down these three keys together. Shift + Command + 4.
2. Then drag the cross icon to select the area of the screen you want to capture. You can also move the selection. Just hold down the spacebar and drag. You can also cancel the screenshot by pressing the Esc key.
3. Finally, release the mouse or trackpad button to take the screenshot.
Steps to capture the menu on Mac
1. Open the window that you want to take a screenshot of.
2. Press and hold these four keys simultaneously. Shift + Command + 4 and the space bar on your keyboard.
3. After that, the pointer will change to a camera icon.
4. Then click the window or menu button to take a screenshot. You have to Option-click to exclude window shadows from your screenshot.
You can edit the screenshot by pressing the thumbnail in the corner of the screen. But, the screenshot will automatically save to your desktop after a few seconds.
Make sure to press the Esc (escape) key to cancel the screenshot.
If you’re using a MacBook model with a Touch Bar, you can take a wide screenshot of the Touch Bar by simply pressing and holding Command + Shift + 6 keys at the same time.
Where are Mac screenshots?
All screenshots taken on Mac are saved to the desktop by default. These screenshots are saved with the name “Screen Shot (date) and (time).png”.
However, you can change the default location of saved screenshots at any time. Simply go to the options menu in the macOS Screenshots app and change the settings accordingly. You can also drag thumbnails to any folder or document.