Investing in Litecoin – Does Litecoin offer a good investment opportunity? Open-source project Litecoin extends the original Bitcoin technology to allow peer-to-peer cryptocurrencies. A pioneer in cryptos, Litecoin is 13th in market capitalization when it comes to cryptocurrencies. Users of Litecoin can enjoy faster transaction speeds and lower transaction costs as compared to Bitcoin.
What is the value of Litecoin as an investment?
Litecoin has structurally improved Bitcoin’s technology, but investors still face risk. Although Litecoin’s infrastructure is rapidly aging, its benefits and efficiency are still as attractive as when it debuted in 2011, and many altcoins now offer similar performance and usefulness. Investor confidence affecting by Charles Lee’s sale of his stake in Litecoin in 2017.
Litecoin Investment Options
Opening an account with a crypto exchange is the first step in investing in Litecoin (or any other cryptocurrency). Through a cryptocurrency exchange, you have access to a trading platform to buy and sell cryptocurrencies.
The cryptocurrency market can access through dozens of exchanges. If you are choosing a broker, you might want to take into account the following:
- Access to the coin. A single broker cannot afford to let you buy and sell every cryptocurrency in existence. Consider other cryptocurrencies you may have an interest in beyond Litecoin when looking for a broker.
- The platform for trading. While some crypto brokers focus on providing a simple, streamlined order process, others cater to more advanced investors with charting venues. Depending on your experience trading, you need to choose the best platform type.
- Expenses and commissions. The cryptocurrency broker usually charges each crypto purchase or sale you make a fee or commission.
- If you plan to trade frequently, be sure to research each broker’s fees before you open a trading account.
Having trouble locating what you’re looking for? Several beginner-friendly exchanges offering Litecoin may be worth opening an account with.
The advantages of investing in Litecoin
Litecoin has historically retained more of its value than newer altcoins with smaller market capitalizations since it was one of the first altcoins on the market. A few benefits of the Litecoin network and technology will be outlined below.
- The cost of transactions is lower. Bitcoin’s infrastructure could be improved by Litecoin’s technology, including lower transaction fees. Since transactions on the blockchain are verified, you lose a bit of crypto every time Bitcoin goes from wallet to wallet. Litecoin functions similarly to Bitcoin, but its network is more efficient, so transmitting or receiving money is less costly with Litecoin. For those who use cryptocurrency as a secure means of transferring funds, this is a significant benefit.
- Transactions are processed more quickly. When compared to Bitcoin’s blockchain, Litecoin’s network provides users with much faster coin sending speeds in addition to its lower processing fees. Litecoin transactions typically occur in 2.5 minutes, while Bitcoin transactions usually take 10 minutes to complete.
- Platform open to the public. As a fork of BTC Core, Litecoin has been open-sourced since its creation. As a result, it is much easier for developers to change the system and implement new features to keep up with changing market needs.
- Identifiability. The altcoin Litecoin has been around for a while, and its popularity has remained high despite its age and irrelevant technological condition.