With the launch of the Nintendo Switch, there has been a great increase in the demand for Nintendo. The launch of the switch lite has led to a further increase in the demand, and Nintendo will not stop here. This year later Nintendo will be launching a better and newer version called maybe Nintendo Switch 2 or Nintendo Switch Pro.
We have gathered some facts and information that you should know about Nintendo Switch Pro before its launch.
In an interview of 2019, the Wall Street Journal of part suppliers and software developers shared that the launch of Nintendo Switch 2 is in the process. They informed that a better version of the switch was up for launch by 2020. Due to some technical difficulties it the launch will be in 2021. Also since the current switch replaced the Next-Gen Model and gained immense popularity so the president of Nintendo ‘Shuntaro Furukawa’ denied the launch of the upgraded switch at that time. He insisted on promoting the existing switch and expanding its base. He gave a statement that the new updated version of the switch will not be launched in 2020. But certain industry analysts have predicted that the launch of the new switch is in 2021.
Nintendo Switch Pro Design
Though switch lite has more common features when compared to the original switch, Switch Pro is a much-advanced version of it. As per one Japanese Game Site, the Switch Pro will have impressive internal specs along with 8GB Ram and 128GB storage. It will have the same processor that is found in Switch Lite but with a new Realtek GPU which is capable of 4k UHD multimedia resolution. The display will also increase from 720p to 1080p in the new switch. As per one report issued on Reddit, Switch Pro will be able to offer native 1440p resolution and upscale to 4K through Nvidia’s DLSS 2.0 technology.
Some industry experts even suggested that the new switch should adopt the Mini LED backlight technology. If we believe the latest rumors, they will be using OLED.
Gaming Compatibility In Switch Pro
All the games on the new switch can be played in the existing switch too except in the case of Switch Lite which has certain restrictions. Nintendo has a history of keeping the old compatibility and we can see the existence in all its games.
Nintendo Switch Pro Progress: the rumors and reports
As per the rumors and certain journals and newspapers, the switch pro will be released later this year. Here we are providing you it’s progressing so far:
- In May 2019 ‘parts suppliers and software developers ‘ claimed that a new updated version of Nintendo Switch aimed at hardcore will be launched soon.
- On 20th January 2020 Nintendo announced the launch of Switch Stylus which gave a hint to the industry experts and analysts that there must be something more advanced and interesting coming.
- On 31st January 2020, Nintendo’s President Shuntaro Furukawa made a statement regarding the Switch Pro. The statement says “Please note that we have no plans to launch a new Nintendo Switch model during 2020.“
- As per sales reports of 6 August, the sale of switches rose significantly. It sold more than 5.5 million switches which led to an increase in the production of switches and even led to an increase in its demand.
- On 25 August 2020 Bloomberg posted that Nintendo will launch a new switch in 2021 with more computing power and 4k high definition graphics.
- Bloomberg again posted on 9th September 2020 that Nintendo will be launching a 4k version of the Switch games.
- On 28th October 2020 as per The Economic Times report, Nintendo will adopt Mini Led Display Technologies for enhanced color contrast and there is a rumored possibility of HDR as well.
- On 5th January 2021, certain industry analysts stated that Switch Pro will be part of the future strategy of Nintendo. It will also be tough competition to Xbox Series X/S and PS5.
- On 22nd February as per the ResetEra forum and Reddit, a data mine of a switch will provide a resolution of 1440p, which can then be enhanced to 4K with Nvidia’s DLSS 2.0.
The launch of the Nintendo Switch Pro is later this year. It will be a remarkable device in the gaming world with extraordinary and intriguing features. Nintendo has always been a tough competition to the other gaming series be it Xbox or anything for that matter. This time again they will be launching something that will make everyone amazed. The prices will be slightly high, due to its advanced features and technology used in it. Its launch will definitely be a great step towards the enhancement of the gaming world. Nintendo Switch Pro or Switch 2, will take the gaming experience to greater heights.