Looking for a well-curated guide on VPN for beginners? Then you are at the right place. VPNs have been gaining attention since OTT & geo-blocks have risen. But still today many users are afraid to use the VPN. You don’t need any high-level technical knowledge to use a VPN. Anyone can use them. So here we are back again with the best VPN Services in 2021 for freshmen.
A VPN will take you to a free world where you can do anything you want, and stream any content that you want. Some such examples are unblocking websites, watching other region’s content, torrenting without being caught, etc.
What is a VPN- VPN for beginners
Virtual Private Network is a software-enabled technology that allows you to router your traffic. This happens through an encrypted tunnel between you and the internet (a private network). You have to install VPN App just like other Apps on your device.
A VPN bypasses the censorships & unblock geo-blocks so that you can enjoy other region content, which also helps in unblocking websites. VPNs make this possible by spoofing your location appears to be coming from a different location.
Do you Need a VPN Really-A guide of VPN for beginner
VPNs are a good idea if you are using public Wi-Fi which is available in public places like Airports, bus-station, railway stations, coffee shops, etc. They will make sure that no one can get your personal data like bank information, login detail, etc.
A VPN will also help in boosting your encryption level even when you are on a public network and hide your trace from surveillance of 14 eyes.No one will get to know where are you from and what information you possess and looking for on the internet
Owning a VPN possesses many benefits. Though there might be many reasons behind the scenes security and ability to access services are the primary behind owning a VPN.
For what all things you can use VPN-
- Bypassing Geoblocks/ College/ School Restrictions: If you want to browse something on social media or want to torrent on school Wi-Fi in a country where torrenting is prohibited.
- Secure on Public Networks: Everybody gets connected to a public network automatically at some point in time. But a public network will make you more prone to get hacked. But a VPN will assign you a new IP to vanish your trace.
- Split Tunneling: If you want to access the office network from your home, then you can use the VPNs Split Tunneling feature so that you have access to the home and office network simultaneously.
- Be Anonymous: You cannot hide your data and activities without a VPN on the internet. Since everyone will be after your IP or DNS leaks to track your data.
- Internation Content: Are you restricted to your home region content? A VPN can help in unblocking international content to be watched on your home itself.
Choosing a perfect VPN for beginners
We have been testing the VPNs through server tests and compare them with its competitors. We have been updating this list of positions based on their performance.
With that’s said, here are the quick tips to choose a perfect VPN for you.
- Servers: You should have an ample number of VPN Servers so that you can unblock services available in different countries.
- Zero Logging: A true zero-logging policy must be available and your VPN should be free from surveillance groups.
- Security: Your VPN must provide the best in class security to protect you from all kinds of public networks.
- Streaming Capabilities: It must be capable to unblock streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, and many more.
- Torrenting Support: VPNs should provide users the facility to torrent freely without limitations and keep them anonymous while torrenting.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: Bandwidth is the factor of speed throttling, if there are any limits then your speed will reduce drastically. So, choose a VPN without any bandwidth limitations.
- Say No to Free VPNs: Free VPNs are not at all a good idea and will cause trouble with restrictions and will log your data. So, do not prefer them.
- VPN Base: VPNs based on a surveillance country will ask the VPN to leak their customer information. So, choose a free-will-based VPN. Don’t worry we have listed all the free-will -VPNs down below.
How to install VPNs on your devices?
Installing a VPN is very simple. some of the users still ask questions like whether we need to start the services at startup and what things we need to ensure while installing. So for learning how to install VPN, do read our detailed guide in further articles, we will be posting them.
Limitations of VPNs
VPN Services are very useful but they have some limitations. VPNs can’t help when
- Downloading Ransomware: Whenever you fall for phishing websites and download ransomware, VPNs can’t your information getting tracked. Use antivirus in parallel along with password manager in order to store login credentials.
- Slow Speeds; VPNs can result in low speed in the system when you do connect to a server that is very far from your location. But this issue can be fixed.
- Restricted in Countries: Usage of VPNs is restricted in some countries like China, Arabs, Russia. But no worries, you can still access their county’s content via VPN Servers.
FAQs Related to Best VPNs
Best VPN for Beginners in 2021?
NordVPN is the best VPN for beginners in 2021 covering 5500+ servers offering by reliable connections with extremely suitable streaming speeds (NordLynx), ultimate encryption with double VPN feature coupled with Onion over VPN takes your anonymity to next level. This VPN very easily unblocks any streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Disney+, and BBC iPlayer. No bandwidth limitations for your usage. You can enjoy limitless torrenting.
Why Not Free VPNs?
Free VPN does not provide a range of VPN servers. Therefore you cannot bypass geo-blocks or unblock any websites. The security levels are very poor. They do not respect your privacy at all. They store & log your data and sell it to third parties for profits. Also, displays add to steal your data. Considering all the above reasons say a big no to free VPNs.
Will a VPN Slow down my internet speed?
VPN does not slow down your speeds, but, you will witness a minimal speed drop in your internet connection. But in case you choose a good VPN provider like NordVPN your internet speeds will not get affected much.
What is a VPN?
A VPN -Virtual Private Network in short is something that assigns you a new IP to keep your online activities private & Hidden from ISP, Government. This helps extremely in unblocking Streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Hotstar, and Disney+. You can also torrent with this VPN to watch what you desire.