In this article, we will help you understand how you can bypass Netflix Geoblocks? Sometimes when you want to access some specific content on Netflix or Prime and then encounter a message “This Content is not available in your country“? This is common and you’ll notice the same with many sites. This is because of Geoblocking. Here we will discuss, what is Geoblocking and how to bypass this for Netflix and other sites.
If you want to avoid Netflix -Geoblocks that act as hinder to your Netflix and chill time then read this quick guide, and I assure you, you’ll never face Netflix Geoblocks issues again.
What is Geoblocking?
“Geo-blocking” signifies the geographical location where the user device resides. Blocking in the “Block” simply strikes an idea in your mind. Basically, it’s a technology that is used to restrict users from accessing a specific content of a specific geographical location. Like accessing some Netflix content or content from other sites. To make a clear picture, let’s find out how your location is identified.
How do they identify your Geolocation?
They identify your device location using your IP address against the sites which are blacklisted or whitelisted in your location along with the network delay which makes a physical location of your device. This will be very helpful in showing the results like currency in your region and entities near your location.
Why do streaming services like Prime Video, Crunchyroll using Restrictions?
Netflix is one of the best streaming platforms for users all around the world. It offers TV shows, movies, anime, and content owned by other vendors along with their Netflix Originals. The content it offers has Copyrights and licenses. This restricts the content watching of many people across the world.
Netflix sometimes offers the content to other locations as well either by modifying the content or making it limited for a particular time. This allows Netflix to maintain its sites in different regional libraries with different content in different regions.
Why Netflix uses Geoblocking to maintain different libraries?
- In order to avoid copyright violations, Netflix started Geoblocking in order to provide sensitive content to its users.
- Content creators or companies do not get the global license easily and Netflix cannot make this content be streamed globally.
- Copyright holders might sell this content to other countries to stream on different sites and TV Networks.
- If Netflix has the rights to stream one thing in one country it might don’t have to in another country.
Why do Netflix Use Geo Restrictions for Netflix Originals?
Many Netflix Originals are available on Netflix all over the globe. But there are certain exceptions like Orange Is the New Black or Lilyhammer they are not accessible to all-region. The reason for this is that these shows came out When the Netflix service is not available worldwide.
- When these shows were released Netflix Streaming is available in only a few countries. So Netflix sold the licensing rights to third parties in the countries where the service is not present. Which comes under Geoblocking.
- Despite having a global presence Netflix can’t stream Originals to the countries where they don’t have acquired rights anymore.
How to Avoid or Bypass Netflix Geo-Blocks and other services?
After you know the reasons behind Netflix Geoblokcing against the content in different countries, waiting ⌛for the content to get released in your country isn’t a good option. Here are certain ways where you can bypass or avoid Geoblocking in order to watch your favorite content on Netflix. They are-
- Smart DNS.
The best way is to use a VPN since it is safe and secure.
What is VPN and How to use it to bypass geo-blocks?
VPN’s are Simply Virtual Private Network that creates a private network and give you privacy and protection from the public internet connection. These VPNs will mask your IP provided from ISP which makes your online actions untraceable.
A good VPN will provide secure and encrypted connections that provide better privacy than a secured Wi-Fi hotspot. This allows you to change your IP and location to anywhere in the world and even bypass geoblocks easily. Let us look at the steps quickly to bypass geoblocks.
Steps to bypass Netflix geoblocking-How to bypass Netflix Geoblocks?
This method is applicable to all devices including iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows, and also in all the countries. So device restrictions are not at all a problem here.
- Pick a good VPN. Prefer NordVPN since it’s the best VPN.
- Download & Install VPN.
- Open the NordVPN app on your device and log in or sign up for your account whatever the case is.
- Now click on the Quick Connect option. You will be quickly connected to the fastest server available.
- Swipe up from the bottom is also available. This will show the servers available all over the world.
- Open Netflix or any other famous streaming service, you will be able to acess content of the US, but you are in India.
Congratulations ! you are now able to watch whatever you want on Netflix just by changing the geolocation in your VPN.
By using this procedure you can also unblock the content in different regions like the USA, Canada, Spain, Italy, and the UK. You can even unblock other geo-blocked websites and services.
Why choose NordVPN only -Best VPN for Netflix Geoblocks
You must be thinking that why to choose NordVPN while there are many VPNs available in the Play Store and websites. Here are some unique features of NordVPN that will convince you to purchase NordVPN-
- Security: NordVPN secures your internet surfing.
- Ultra-fast Connection: With NordVPN you need not sacrifice your internet connection.
- Privacy: NordVPN won’t share or track the user data
- Servers: NordVPN Servers are everywhere all over the world
- Platforms support NordVPN supports multiple devices along with many features like Dedicated IP. Even share large files across systems with easy to use interface.
NordVPN offers high-grade security. There will be no DNS/IPv6 leaks. If you need more security this one also offers Onion over VPN. In NordVPN you will also get six simultaneous connections per subscription along with Netflix streaming ability.
It has fast internet speeds and acts as an all-rounder. This VPN has a Simple UI. Even a beginner can understand it easily. This VPN is available at a competitive price. NordVPN is a perfect choice for unblocking the geo-blocked content in different platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and other streaming Apps.
30 days of the money-back guarantee program is also available under NordVPN. So you can try this without any risk. If you don’t like the app then you will get your full refund within 5 days. Nedd VPN for 1-2 weeks only then can try NordVPN for free using its money-back program.
FAQs Related to Geo-blocking and Netflix Geoblocks
Is Geoblocking legal?
It depends based on nationality and the service they are offering.
Is it safe to use VPN to bypass Geoblocking?
Yes, it’s safe unless if you are using some touch VPN like NordVPN which is not based on 14 eye countries you will be completely safe. Using a free VPN might get you in trouble.
How to Know Whether I Got Geo-Restricted?
Check a particular movie or a show which you want to watch. If it is not available in your country, then Netflix geo-restricted it.
Can I Unblock Netflix?
Yes, you can unblock and enjoy all Netflix libraries.
Can I Watch BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and others?
You can watch BBC iPlayer for free Anywhere. Also, you can unblock Hulu in simple steps.
Geoblocking is valid in terms of rights and License. But according to the user’s point of view, this is not a justification as we are paying the same streaming prices. They might take a different fee for the content in different regions. Users can get the contents that they want to access without hesitation. Luckily, there is a way to bypass them with a VPN.